Friday 4 January 2013

2013 Eclectic Reader Challenge


Runs from January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013
Hosted by Book'd Out

The title of this blog kind of gives it away but I see myself as someone who has a rather wide taste in books. Therefore when I saw there was a challenge out there for 2013 that would really push my reading experiences further I was more than happy to sign up for it.

The 12 categories that have been chosen by the hosting blog for the challenge are:

  • Translated fiction 
  • Historical mystery 
  • Romantic suspense 
  • Made into a movie 
  • New Adult
  • Urban Fantasy 
  • Dystopian 
  • Memoir 
  • LGBT 
  • Action Adventure 
  • Humour 
  • Published in 2013

I have to admit that I have no idea what books to use for some of these categories but discovering the books  I will read is going to be half the fun.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if it would count as memoirs, but THE HARE WITH AMBER EYES by Edmund de Waal is a fantastic book. I rarely read non-fiction, but I loved it! It's not a typical memoirs as de Waal recounts the lifes of those members of his family who owned a set of netsuke, (including a hare with amber eyes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds rather interesting! Although my wife had suggested I follow my geeky tendencies and read a Star Trek memoir! I am not sure yet and will just have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the Eclectic Reader Challenge and wish you good luck!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dystopian section should be easy - there's so many to choose from and I think there's still quite a few out there you haven't touched.

    I have an idea about the Memoir and of course Made into a movie... well tell you once I've checked on them.

    ReplyDelete