Tuesday 25 December 2012

Challenge Complete - 2012 Science Fiction Reader Challenge


Objective:
To try and expand my Science Fiction reading beyond the standard list of authors and sub-genre I had begun to just read. Check out my pre challenge post here!

Aim:
Read 12 Science Fiction Novels that fulfil the list of sub-genre detailed in the host blog.

Result:
Well as with a lot of my 2012 challenges I finished the final book in December which means I was cutting it close!

I've read-

Young Adult/Middle Grade Science Fiction title:
Adult Science Fiction title:
Hugo Winner:
Pre-1950s Science Fiction Classic:
Modern Science Fiction Classic (1951-1992):
Steampunk:
Robots/Cyborgs/Androids:
Spaceships/Aliens:
Time Travel/Alternate History/Parallel Universe:
Apocalyptic/Dystopian/Utopian:
Cyberpunk:
Mad Scientists/Genetic Testing/Environmental Disaster:

I really enjoyed some of the sub-genre I sampled during this challenge. In particular I was glad I finally read an Asimov novel and look forward to reading more by him.

Summary:
This was probably my favourite challenge of the year, the range of novels within the Science Fiction genre was really good. It really helped to expand some of my Science Fiction reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment