Tuesday 10 January 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in. 

It has been quite a while since I did a Top Ten Tuesday but decided this was a nice one to join in on and read the other blogs for some more reading ideas. Anyway, the Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book are below:

Frank Herbert
I know his son and others have tried to continue the Dune saga but nothing can compare to what Frank Herbert himself wrote. I still remember getting to the end of "Chapter House of Dune" and realising there would be no more from this great author.

Robert Jordan
As with Frank Herbert, others have continued the story he created but I would much rather have read the final novels in the massive wheel of time series as he would have written them.

HG Wells
I would love to see what this amazing Science Fiction author could come up with nowadays in a world full of technology well in excess of what he could have imagined.

Roald Dahl
His books were some of the ones I loved the most in my childhood and I just wish there were more out there to read for myself and my own children.

Tom Clancy
It seems that every book nowadays with his name on it seem to be written by or with someone else. Tom, I loved the books you wrote on your own! Please write another one without the help of someone else!

Rabbie Burns
The Scottish Bard who wrote some amazing pieces of literature, poetry and song in the late 18th Century. I would love to see what he could write about his beloved homeland now in the present day.

J.R.R Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings and his entire Middle Earth novels were superb and I would have loved to read more from this hugely detailed world.

Agatha Christie
I have probably watched a multitude of TV shows based upon her novels but those TV producers really need some new material. If only she was still around to provide it!

Peter F. Hamilton
Peter is very alive and still writing books but he never writes them quick enough! Forget that I just read his last book of short stories at the tail end of 2011! He needs to bring out more superb space opera and he needs to do it now!

Christopher Pike
The author of my youth actually writes Adult Fiction in between churning out the latest Last Vampire novel. I just wish he would hurry up and produce some more, I think the last adult novel he wrote was back in 2007!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to read more Roald Dahl. One of my favorite authors EVER. Great picks!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. HG Wells, yes! I hadn't thought of him but would love another read. Dahl was my pick as well, and I love that you included Tolkien and Christie. Honestly--I could have made a list much longer than 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote the same thing about Clancy - the "Clancy with..." books tend to be terrible. It'd be very interesting to see what HG Wells would do with modern technology in his writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish George Macdonald Fraser could send Flashy one more wild ride!

    ReplyDelete