Tuesday 14 June 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten "Awww" Moments



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in. 

This week is in regards to the top ten "Awww" moments in books. Basically it is asking me to think up any sentimental, cute or charming related moments within the stories I have read. I have to admit I have struggled hugely here, probably because I the epitomy of a grumpy man when it comes to this type of thing. However I have tried to identify at least a few moments in books that met the "Awww" criteria with me.

The Graduation - Christopher Pike
In the final novel of the Final Friends trilogy Michael and Jess finally get together after so many things had come between them throughout the series. actually thinks that Jess has gotten together with another guy but is happily surprised when he reads the words she writes and then makes him read in his Yearbook "I love you, Michael".

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - JK Rowling
I remember a lot of people I knew were interested in the Hermione/Ron relationship. However, for myself I was happy to see that moment when Harry and Ginny finally kissed.

The Gold Falcon - Katherine Kerr
It is quite a sentimental thing when Neb and Branna get together in this book after more than 600 years apart in their various past lives. I admit that the actual written moment itself doesn't really feel as powerful as it should do, but overall I was truly happy to see them get together.

I have to be honest and say that is about it for me, I really need to work on my sentimental side some more! Anyway feel free to share any of these "Awww" moments that you may have. Also, if any you struggled like me to think of any then let me know so I won't be grumpy alone.

5 comments:

  1. I liked the moment when Harry kissed Ginny too. I'm sure you're sentimental enough. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. The actress who plays Ginny ruined the character for me. I never managed to like the Harry/Ginny pairing after watching the Chamber of Secrets movie. And mind you, I tried. Ron and Hermione are sweet :)

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-ten-harry-potter-aww-moments_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I'm so un-sentimental that I tweeked "awww" to be moments that give one pause. Here's my Top Ten "Awww" Moments. I hope you'll stop by and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaye/Priya,

    I have actually found that the Harry/Ginny relationship seems to have a few different views. It is all mainly effected by those darn films!!!

    Deb,

    I will have a look over your list. I was happy just to get three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't come up with a single "Aww" moment that I've read recently (actually, I'm drawing a complete blank, but I'm sure there have been a few of them over the years). I prefer my stories to have action and conflict rather than romance and cutsie-ness. I do like when there is a little bit of a love story mixed into the action.

    ReplyDelete