Friday 10 June 2011

Family Forever Friday (4)


Family Forever Friday

One of the blogs I follow, E&K Family Book Review have is running a Meme and I have decided to take part.  It’s called “Forever Family Friday” and each week KW will post a question for us to answer that will hopefully tell everyone a little bit more about the bloggers taking part.

This week’s question is:
What is the biggest goal that you set for yourself that you have COMPLETED so far?

This is something I had to think about, I could just use my goal that I had as a kid that I would get to University but I think that is a little cliché.

Therefore I am going to mention the fact that last year I took part in something called "The Global Corporate Challenge". This is basically an event for people who tend to work in office based environments and it is meant to promote exercise and healthy living. The challenge is to wear a pedometer that captures your steps each day and to set yourself an improved target to hit. My average prior to the start of the event was around only 5000 steps per day which is supposedly not unusual for lazy office workers such as myself. I therefore decided to set a target to double it as I now had a child and wanted to make sure that I would find a way to get myself into a healthier routine. Well, by the end of the event I had an average step count above 10,000 and I actually felt fitter overall. Probably one of the first times in my life I actually managed to stick to some sort of exercise target.

I am taking part again this year and my real goal is to actually continue on with my new evening walks and such after the even finishes.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great accomplishment! I find wearing a pedometer every day is a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete